Observations when using vm tools

I've got netbsd-7/amd64 from a snapshot from a few weeks ago from
nyftp. It calls itself 7.1_STABLE.

I've installed open-vm-tools, xf86-video-vmware, and
xf86-input-vmmouse from the 7.0_2017Q2 pkgsrc packages. These tools

It's running inside VMWare Fusion on my Mac.

The mouse is working properly with X, when I have the VM in a window
and not full screen, the mouse doesn't need to be "unlocked".

However, if I resize the screen, I have to do xrandr -s XXXxYYY to
make it fit the window properly. Should it be resizing itself?

Andy