Re: Can I use NetBSD as a desktop system?

Hi,

I applied:
- uaudio patch
- ral0 patch in latest version 3 you mention later in this thread
- i915 patch, I used the first one which has a single line fix pci_enable_msi(dev->pdev); (the only patch I could find easily, maybe the last one is base64 encoded?)

Kernel built and boots fine :)

coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
1. Build a kernel with all these changes
2. Try if `drvctl -d ral0` and then suspend works (uaudio isn't causing problems)

-> it gets to sleep with blinking led! resume however still yields a black screen although the machine powered on.

3. Try without any drvctl -d

I tried this too. I get the laptop to the sleep state without neither ral0 nor uaudio complaining.

Does it mean we got those drivers better behaved? Commit?

If you want to see it succeed  to resume you can apply the first or last diff in:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/52409

Maybe I applied the wrong one or it doesn't work for me, resuming till yields a black screen and a dead machine for me.. I applied the one-liner. If that is the wrong one please point to me to a link or attach it.

dmesg scrollback still shows some i915 issues, but is unreadable.
What is the patch to apply to make dmesg readable again?

Thanks,

Riccardo