Re: Can I use NetBSD as a desktop system?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 03:44:05PM +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> This is with unmodified GENERIC, so INSECURE should be present - as I said,
> the same live USB system works fine with the Quadro 600 card on the
> desktop. I know about userconf, but I chose to place several test and spare
> kernels in / and modify boot.cfg accordingly.

I wonder if you need to tell it that no, you don't have an nvidia card
and it should use whatever is the generic driver.

what does /var/log/Xorg.0.log say?
(Not just the error, what is it trying to load?)

The biggest recent change to drmkms drivers was attempting to use
MSI/MSI-X, with this commit:
https://v4.freshbsd.org/commit/netbsd/src/Df1u1LcClQ0WKVHz