Re: Changing RAIDframe "Last configured as"

In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.1707141110440.524%ugly.internal.precedence.co.uk@localhost>,
Stephen Borrill  <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>Just ran into RAIDframe endeavouring to keep device numbering constant
>when auto-configuring (which I don't remember it doing before). For
>example, I'd created a RAID-1 on raid0 on a lab machine to save rebuild
>time when doing a later installation and then added these drives to an
>existing system which had raid0 as root (plus raid1 as swap and raid2 for
>data). It decided to configure the new RAID-1 as raid0 and renumber the
>others to raid1-raid3. Similarly, I had a second system where I was
>copying to newer hardware and temporary put the old HDDs in the new system
>(which configured them as raid4-6). I then wanted to boot from the old
>HDDs back in the old system, but the raid4-6 remained persistent.
>
>I couldn't see an easy way to reset the "Last configured as", I was
>looking for a raidctl subcommand. Did I miss something?
>
>My workaround was to boot from USB, dump the configs with raidctl -G,
>unconfigure the incorrect-numbered devices and re-configure from the
>configs on the correct device number.

I had this problem before so I added:

     -U unit dev
             Set the last_unit field in all the raid components, so that the
             next time the raid will be autoconfigured it uses that unit.

christos