Re: NetBSD 8.0-BETA hangs at boot at xHCI (so does netbsd-7)

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Gary Duzan <gary%duzan.org@localhost> wrote:
In Message <CABBiTmfABb_RAF9riDFQB1ZvYMTvdygVES-HwT=W5Tvz1O82cA%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
   Anders Svensson <asvens90%gmail.com@localhost>wrote:

[snip]

> I ran into a similar issue a while back with my GA-880GMA-UD2H,
> but without a decent resolution. In my case I have a PS/2 keyboard
> attached, and several keystrokes from that were enough to get the
> boot to continue, so it seems there are interrupts being lost.
> Disabling USB3 in the BIOS was enough to get the boot to continue
> uninterrupted. The native USB3 is still unsupported, requiring some
> tweaks for it to work properly, but a third-party USB3 card is
> working for me, though it required USB2 to be disabled in the BIOS
> to avoid pauses in the boot.

I see no way to disable USB3 in my bios sadly. I'll just have to wait and try again later and hope there'll be an update that fixes this for me.

Anders