Re: xsane and root permissions

yes, I think so too, in the manpage ive send here are three devices listed.
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ss+4.i386+NetBSD-7.0.2

BERTRAND Joël schrieb:
Andreas Beck a écrit :
https://wiki.netbsd.org/scanner/
"

   User access

To grant another user access to use the scanner, create a 'scanner' group.

|# groupadd scanner |

Add user to the group scanner:

|# usermod -G scanner user_name |

Change group for a device:

|# chgrp scanner /dev/ugen* |

For some drivers, you also need access to the usb bus devices:

|# chgrp scanner /dev/usb* |

Also check if the permissions are sufficient, otherwise also do:

|# chmod g+rw /dev/usb* /dev/ugen* "|

I have tried a lot of different configuration withouts any result. As my scanner was unreachable, I have tried with 777 permissions (on /dev/ss0, it's a SCSI scanner). Same result.

Thus, I have tried with root privileges and it works as expected. I suppose xsane uses another device or file...

    Regards,

    JB