Re: 8.0 BETA i386 : atheros wifi support

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 03:11:50PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> FreeBSD has support for it, OpenBSD does not. Our driver comes from OpenBSD...
> It would take some work to add the changes needed.

It's disappointing that we picked up an OpenBSD driver after Atheros
came around and started collaborating with open-source developers,
especially since AFAIR the OpenBSD driver did not support all of the
same devices as the previous driver did.

That being said, the 802.11 virtual AP architecture in FreeBSD *is*
unfortunate, but it's something that you could probably paper over.

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung%pobox.com@localhost    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981