Re: sysupgrade

thanks Abhinav...  the -o KERNEL=XEN3_DOMU option and then moving the kernel over to grub worked...

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Abhinav Upadhyay <er.abhinav.upadhyay%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM, el kalin <kalin%el.net@localhost> wrote:

> hi all...
>
> just got a netbsd 7 amd64 instance on aws up and ran:
>
> sysupgrade auto ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-7.1/amd64
>
> it ran all the way through until there were zero "postinstall fixes failed".
> then rebooted the instance and looked at the boot log (dmesg) and uname.
> they all still say 7.0...
>
> how can i make sure that the system actually got updated to 7.1?

AWS requires a XEN3_DOMU kernel, so when using sysupgrade(8), use -o
KERNEL=XEN3_DOMU

Also, sysupgrade(8) by default puts the kernel in `/'  i.e. the new
kernel is placed at /netbsd. But in AWS we use grub, which expects the
kernel to be at /grub/boot/netbsd. I am not sure how to tell
sysupgrade(8) to put the new kernel in /grub/boot, I just do it
manually.

-
Abhinav