Re: Updates to man-k.org

Nice work. +1

On 14-May-2017 6:09 PM, "Abhinav Upadhyay" <er.abhinav.upadhyay%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost> wrote:
>     Date:        Sat, 13 May 2017 10:39:49 +0530
>     From:        Abhinav Upadhyay <er.abhinav.upadhyay%gmail.com@localhost>
>
>   | I would have to fire the query on each of them and combine the results.
>
> The combining part is probably not so important...  The kind of user
> who is doing a query like "I am trying to find out how to tie my
> shoelaces, which man page should I read for that?" (who would normally
> only care about the man pages from the system they use) but rather for
> the user who wants to write portable code, and wants to call the
> shoelace(O_TIE) function. but wants to write it in a portable way,
> so would like to check to make sure all the relevant systems have
> the shoelace() function call, and that they all treat the O_TIE
> option the same way...
>
> For that, just listing them as:
>
>         From NetBSD-current:
>                 result1
>                 result2
>
>         From FreeBSD-11.0
>                 result1
>                 result2
>
> (etc) would be good enough.

I have added something along those lines: http://man-k.org/whatis

I didn't want to change the dropdown in the main search page to a
checkbox based one, therefore put this on a page of its own. I will
try to provide a hyperlink to it from the main page.

(The UI might look a bit ugly but I hope someone will come along and
help out with CSS :))

-
Abhinav