Re: blacklistd and bpfjit

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, at 17:22, atomicules wrote:
> >npfctl: error loading the bpfjit module; performance will be degraded:
> >Operation not permitted
> >npfctl: To disable this warning `set bpf.jit off' in /etc/npf.conf
>
> I think that's a XEN issue. I've been playing about with npf and
> building kernels and I cannot get bpfjit to work on XEN even though
> I've supposedly enabled it during the kernel build.
>
> And not to derail you too much, but I can't really get npf to work
> properly on XEN at all. Been meaning to email you about that. Sure it
> "works", but it doesn't seem to respect the rules like my desktop npf
> does (it basically blocks EVERYTHING). I'm 99% sure it's a XEN problem
> and not me.

(For some reason this reply was buried - already read - in Gmail's All
Mail folder. Not sure now if I've received other replies to my post.)

I don't have Xen installed on the new server yet, although that's my
next step. I did have problems with npf and Xen some time ago; as far as
I remember that had to do with the dom0 kernel not loading modules. You
seem to have covered that by compiling a new kernel. Sorry; can't help
you much more on that just now.