Re: How to view /usr/share/doc/psd/12.make/tutorial.ms

Hello Lewis!

"J. Lewis Muir" writes:
> Hello, NetBSD Users!
>
> On NetBSD 6 (stable branch), what is the right way to view
> /usr/share/doc/psd/12.make/tutorial.ms?
>
> I tried the following:
>
> $ nroff -ms /usr/share/doc/psd/12.make/tutorial.ms

Yes, that's the right way to view it!

> That mostly works, but it produces the following warnings:
>
>   /usr/share/doc/psd/12.make/tutorial.ms:200: warning: macro `Ix' not defined
>   /usr/share/doc/psd/12.make/tutorial.ms:203: warning: can't find font `C'

I think that Christos fixed the former via -r1.12 of
src/usr.bin/make/PSD.doc/tutorial.ms .

> It also renders some lines with the word "NOT" in the left margin like
> this:
>
>      This  tutorial  is  divided  into three main sections corre-
>   NOTsponding to basic, intermediate and advanced PMake usage. If
>      you already know Make well, you will only need to skim chap-
>
> Thanks!
> [...]

Ouch! I have read it some months ago but printing the PostScript
version on dead trees I have not noticed that. However, I can
confirm that also on NetBSD-current the `NOTE' is still problematic
for the text version available in
`/usr/share/doc/reference/ref1/make/make.txt'.

Unfortunately my roff-fu is pretty limited. I think that at least
`.po +.3i' in tutorial.ms:156 should be bumped to `.po +.5i' (or
something like that) to properly accomodate the `NOTE' on the left
and then the NOTE should be adjust in order to have the text version
right (but I have no idea on how to do it).

Anyone more experienced with roff(7)/ms(7) can please give it a look?

Thanks for pointing that out Lewis!