pf -> npf teething pain

All,

as one of New Year's projects, I have started to re-write workplace's pf(4) rules to npf(4). And up popped questions about what certain features map to...

o npf.conf(5) has lists (and maps) for addresses. What about lists of ports, interfaces, protocols - both in variable declaration, and inline?

o is it possible to create static maps inline, or do you always have to read the data entries from a file? Are maps limited to addresses, or is the concept available for e.g. ports?

o we have several rfc1918 networks whose traffic is routed to local public IP networks, but nat'ed to the outside world with

nat on $wan_if from $guest_net to !<int_nets> -> $wan_if_ip

How would I express this in npf lingo?

o in the middle of scratching my head about how to express the above !<int_nets> in npf, I saw that '!' negation support has been committed to HEAD. What is the chance (ETA) of this coming to -7?

o what about ftp-proxy(8) support for npf?

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281