Re: A single-board computer for NetBSD

Hi guys,

On  Sat  2016-11-19  12:59 , Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 04:14:32AM +0100, Martin Cermak wrote:
> > I think of creating a simple router for home use with NetBSD.
>
> If you can use serial instead of VGA and don't mind running -current,
> the ERLITE Edge Router 3 is a more or less plug & play solution (though
> from a NetBSD POV not 100% finished and stable yet, but getting better
> quickly).
>
> No fans, comes with plug power supply and metal case. Needs a cisco
> serial cable. Can boot from (internal) usb stick.
>
> Martin
>
> http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/hands_on_experience_with_edgerouter

I've got this board at hand now, yay!  I've replaced the original internal usb
stick with another one, tftp-booted [1] and finished minimal install with more
or less default settings.  Here is my partition layout:

    Start  MB   End  MB  Size  MB FS type    Newfs Mount Mount point
    --------- --------- --------- ---------- ----- ----- -----------
 a:         0      1782      1783 FFSv1      Yes   Yes   /
 b:      1783      1911       128 swap
 c:         0      1911      1912 Whole disk
 d:         0         0         0 unused

Now I wonder how to convince the u-boot to boot my newly installed
OS.  I've found out [2] having the 'Configuring U-Boot' section,
which is thematically close to what I want.  Thoughts?

Martin

[1] http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201612050110Z/evbmips-mips64eb/installation/netbsd-INSTALL_ERLITE.gz
[2] http://rtfm.net/FreeBSD/ERL/