invocation failure for MLTERM on X

Dear world NetBSD users, I’m also.

I installed NetBSD 7.0.1 and X server set on my laptop,
Then installed MLTERM version 3.7.2 using pkgsrc.

Installation itself is maybe appropriately completed, binaries are also installed.
But cannot invoke it, mlterm terminates immidiately with retun code 1,
which is inspected by “echo $?”.
Terminal window isn’t displayed on console.

I wanna use current Emacs on mlterm, with japanese language envionment.
Can I get the way to make available my MLTERM on X?
Best regards.

A. Goto, saitama pref. Japan