Re: emscripten & android ndk on NetBSD

r0ller <r0ller%freemail.hu@localhost> writes:

> 1) The first topic would be asking for a kind of review (if anyone is
> interested) of what I posted about building emscripten on NetBSD in
> the google group of emscripten:
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/emscripten-discuss/2z1NZrX3sA8/jNy4ACiIBwAJ
>
> Actually, they offered their support for NetBSD in the buildscript once I sort out a few problems/questions they listed in their answer:
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/emscripten-discuss/2z1NZrX3sA8/9sYySK32BgAJ
>
> However, as I&#39;m not a NetBSD expert, I thought I&#39;d first let
> my changes in the buildscript checked by someone more
> knowledgeable. So that&#39;d be one task while the next task would be
> to discuss their questions like the one concerning vanilla llvm
> build. Just as a side note, till now my emscripten build works fine
> without any hickups. Unfortunately, I haven&#39;t had the time since
> my post to try if a vanilla llvm would pose any problems on NetBSD or
> why building nodejs failed back then.

tar is BSD tar (really pax underneath) and gtar, if present, is
installed by pkgsrc.   Arguably packages should be using autoconf or
equivalent to find a version of tar that's acceptable if they don't
stick to invocations that comply with POSIX.  But I agree that code that
looks for gtar and if so uses it, and else uses tar is likely to work
and be pretty portable.

I really don't know about ORIGIN.