Re: A single-board computer for NetBSD

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:35:20 +0000, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat.com) wrote:
> Sound???s nice that RPIs are used with NetBSD from someones.

The process istn't quite as painless as with Raspbian.

> And what do you mean with ???occasionally??? and ???hang??? (auto reboot possible by sysrq / watchdog or similiar?)

I had my VLAN-based router setup previously on a raspberry,
and the effect was that there would be interrupt warnings
for the internal interface (which is also USB-based) that
I don't remember in detail, and sooner or later (every few
days) the interface would lock up, and I set up a cronjob
that would reboot the box where 8.8.8.8 wasn't pingable for
a while. Once or twice the reboot didn't work then either.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>