Re: GPT missing after controller swap (wd to ld)

On 10/10/16 5:37 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Oct 10,  2:09pm, jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost (John Nemeth) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: GPT missing after controller swap (wd to ld)

| } Yup, great! You did this perfectly :-) You can try this patch to
| } see if you can read the GPT table:
|
|      The elided patch is going to do absolutely nothing for his
| problem as it isn't remotely related.

I would not be so sure. In fact I am still not.

christos

John appears to be correct here. The patch had no effect. It seems the code that generates this error is in map.c in the "map_add" function. But I haven't gone looking for the actual invocation...

Thank you all for looking. I will probably continue with my rebuilding/copying at this point, as I need this machine to be up and running "yesterday".

Louis