Re: [2016Q3] guile20 failure

"Ian D. Leroux" writes:
- On Thu, Oct 6, 2016, at 11:33, BERTRAND wrote:
- > 	I've just upgraded my tree to 2016Q3. This quarter comes with
- > readline 7.0 and guile20 compilation fails with :
- >
- >
- > checking whether rl_catch_sigwinch is declared... yes
- > checking for rl_get_keymap... yes
- > checking for rl_getc_function pointer in readline... yes
- > checking for strdup... (cached) yes
- > checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
- > configure: creating ./config.status
- > config.status: creating libguile/gen-scmconfig.h
- > Shared object "libreadline.so.6" not found
- > config.status: error: could not create libguile/gen-scmconfig.h
- > *** Error code 1
-
- I can confirm that (NetBSD/amd64 7.99.something). The problem (at least
- for me) was that libreadline.so.7 is installed, but the configure check
- only looks for libreadline.so.6. I didn't pursue it further, because I
- don't actually need guile20.

If running pkg_rolling-replace, verify that lang/gawk has been
rebuilt before attempting to rebuild guile20 (or a selection of
other packages.)

lang/gawk has a dependency on devel/readline, and if readline
has been rebuilt, but gawk hasn't, you'll see errors like the
above.

fyi: this should have been (cross?)posted to pkgsrc-users..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric%cirr.com@localhost		http://www.cirr.com
  Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to buy Microsoft products.