Re: kernel load failure

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 06:02:37PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:57:26AM -0500, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > > 9872659+10907160+995816 [12773]=0x165da30
> >
> > Thanks - do you know what those numbers refer to? (I get stuck in the
> > first one)
>
> size /netbsd, those are the bytes loaded so far for text and data (and
> the size of bss, which is not loaded).
>
> If NFS locks up like this often read/write sizes are too big for one
> of the network cards involved. Can we tune those for pxe boot somehow?

I also tried tftp, and get stuck at the same value whether a kernel or
its compressed version is used - would that rule out the pxe boot side
of things? (FreeBSD iso served via its pxe boot from the same NetBSD
server also worked.)

(Really flumoxed, as the kernel which is running on the laptop I'm
typing on currently doesn't load, yet they are very similar.)

Cheers,

Patrick