Re: Phoronix 8-way-BSD-install - NetBSD bombed

lingvofactory%gmail.com@localhost ("Andrei M.") writes:

>No, this happened when the installation CD was loading. I've had
>exactly the same problem in the installation process last year, see
>attachment.

The screenshot shows

two SATA devices that couldn't be recognized.
one USB umass device.

The information about the CD has either scrolled off, or it's
one of the SATA devices, probably the latter (with only 1.5Gb/s on
the second port).

Can you identify your ahcisata controller? E.g.:

ahcisata0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2: vendor 0x8086 product 0x8c02 (rev. 0x04)
ahcisata0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 19
ahcisata0: 64-bit DMA
ahcisata0: AHCI revision 1.30, 6 ports, 32 slots, CAP 0xc730ff45<EMS,PSC,SSC,PMD,ISS=0x3=Gen3,SCLO,SAL,SALP,SNCQ,S64A>

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost