Re: Phoronix 8-way-BSD-install - NetBSD bombed

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 23:49:30 +0000 (UTC)
mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) wrote:
> But neither should happen during installation. My guess is that
> sysinst didn't clean the disk and the screenshot comes from booting
> the installed system.

Or at least the original boot blocks which may not play nice with
NetBSD.  Although I said that I dd(1) the whole disk, it probably just
needs the first bit.  One MB would probably be way more than needed and
would happen pretty fast.  Maybe 64KB would be enough.  Perhaps sysinst
could do that before replacing the bootblocks.  That might make more
people happy with their first NetBSD installation and help it to not be
their last.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost