Re: Phoronix 8-way-BSD-install - NetBSD bombed

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 10:00:49 -0600 (MDT)
Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=trying-8-bsds&num=2
>
> I wonder what happened in his case. I can tell he's re-using the same
> box and drive from his FreeBSD install, but I've done that many times
> and never had a problem (other than being annoyed at 'dk' devices
> showing up). I just wipe the disk and start over.

I always dd nulls to a disk that was used for another OS before
starting a new install.

> Phoronix is a pretty Linux-centric site. I have some suspicions is

Specifically I have had issues installing NetBSD to a drive that had
Linux (Red Hat) on it.  It's been a while but I think that the
behaviour he saw is what I saw.  I ran dd to clean everything off the
drive and then it worked just fine.

In any case I have my doubts about someone who claims to have written
10,000 articles over the last twelve years.  For what it's worth:

http://jonimoose.net/2013/moronix-why-amd-wont-take-michael-larabel-seriously-and-you-shouldnt-either/

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost