Re: Wrong Endian platform suggestions

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 03:07:32PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> apart that my personal feeling is that BigEndian is correct and
> LittleEndian is wrong...

Definitively!

> I would propose PowerPC, being sure that it is used BE and not LE, since
> most CPUs can do both, it depends on the platform. A used Mac might be
> cheap.. there are interesting borads too, but check first.
> MIPS is also very interesting, but again.. check before!

Nothing wrong with the switchable endianess, an interesting (and cheap)
arm board is the cubietruck. I run mine in big-endian mode, but switching
is done by the kernel at boot time, so you can swap SD cards and reboot
the system in little endian mode. I like it because it has plenty
of memory and SATA.

Everything else depends on your exact needs, if small memory and no FPU
is ok, an ERLITE-3 is a good box.

If performance is not critical, you could go with an Amiga emulator
(there are UAE variants running NetBSD just fine) or TME emulating
sun3. Or Qemu and emulate some sparc variant (modern qemue can run
NetBSD/sparc and NetBSD/sparc64).

Martin