Re: Want to buy Notebooks with supported WLAN chip - Recommendations?

coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 07:53:44AM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
>> [...]
>> One thing which may be acceptable (and, in fact, I have been doing for
>> a while*) is to get a supported USB wireless dongle and use that.  It
>> is not ideal but you will get wireless network.

Ok, that's right. This is always the last option. I already had some success
with those tiny Edimax N150 dongles. But I was asking in the hope to find a
notebook with supported internal WLAN.

My company would then buy several of them.

> I've removed the Broadcom wifi device inside my laptop and replaced it
> with a more reasonable manufacturer's card.

Now I am interested in the model and manufacturer of your laptop (always
good to know which laptops don't whitelist) and the name of your
replacement card. :)

> not all laptops allow this, though, they may whitelist cards.

I wonder how such a practice can be legal. But I have seen that too, and you
never know before.

A list with manufacturers/laptops which don't whitelist would be nice.

--
Frank Wille