Re: suspend trouble

So, it turns out that it's not the absence of gpio_activate, but rather,
the existence of gpio_resume. my gpio stuff is apparently bound to
random explosions, and merely restoring the values on resume is
dangerous.

commenting out gpio_resume allows me to resume without disabling
gpio(4). I'm not sure whether such a diff is acceptable, but I wouldn't
be surprised if other machines have gpio bound to dangerous bits.
linux also doesn't restore for gpio-ich.c, but it does for gpio-tegra.c.

my next issue is with Xorg and my PS/2 input devices. I've made PR/51390
for it with a lot of info, so I won't trouble this list more with it for
now.

thanks and happy suspending.