NetBSD 7.0 i386 installer hangs at "root device" prompt

Hi

Just got a new Asus laptop whose specifications are here:
https://www.asus.com/in/Notebooks/X200MA/specifications/

Trying to boot using a usb stick with NetBSD 7.0 i386 bootable image.

The installer gets stuck at "root device" prompt.  It only gives wd0 as an
option (besides network device etc.).

I tried disabling xhci in the bios, but then the installer hangs at a
certain point.

The laptop has 1 usb 3.0 port and 2 2.0 ports and I have tried using
either of them. The behavior is same.

I searched old threads (including one of my own for a different hp laptop,
where I had to give up on installation of NetBSD due to the same issue).
So far there doesn't appear to be a solution to this as far as my searches
could find.

Please advise.

Mayuresh.