Re: uefi boot?

On Tue, 17 May 2016, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > gptmbr.bin is just MBR code.  You also need to put bootxx code in the
> > partition at index 1 with installboot.

I doubt it's going to help or be what you are interested in, but most
systems have the ability to turn on "legacy BIOS" in the EFI interface
that allows the standard old rig to work. I do this with HP DL gen9
servers because it cuts the post/boot time in half vis-a-vis EFI. However,
I realize a lot of folks want EFI to work etc.. Perhaps you are just
testing.

My understanding is that EFI generally wants a FAT file system with a
/boot directory and it uses naming conventions to grab what it believes
is the first state loader. However, I know very little about EFI other
than "it usually doesn't work at this point". I'm sure there are good
things about it, I'm just not up-to-date with it.

-Swift