Re: IrDA

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Andy Ball wrote:
> I am telling irdaattach which serial port the IrDA adaptor is connected
> to but then irdaattach has that port busy, so it's not free for use with
> slattach.

That makes sense, but then again, it doesn't make sense that pppd or
slattach wouldn't let you use the returned TTY as a valid link.

With Linux there is an "irCom" driver that will re-present the IRDA link
as a serial port. That's what you use to attach SLIP or PPP there. I'm
guessing there must be something similar with NetBSD. In fact I just
looked at an old script (for Linux) that's doing this:

pppd /dev/ircomm0 115200 noauth 192.168.99.1:192.168.99.2

So, there must be something equal to that "ircomm0" device for use with
either slip or ppp. I'm just not sure what it is or if there is some kind
of special tool to give it an ioctl() to work as a serial/character
device.

-Swift