postfix + TLS + SASL

Hello,

   If I understand correctly, I no longer need cyrus or dovecot for
postfix sasl, but can instead use libsaslc in base?

   Let's say I want to allow clients which have connected using TLS and
presented a valid (verified) client certificate to sent messages via the
smtp server -- does anyone have any good configuration examples to
accomplish this?

   I have all the X509 parts set up in postfix, and they work, but I
don't understand how libsaslc is supposed to work.

   Thankful for any pointers.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan