Re: UMTS/LTE support

On 02/21/16 14:27, Frank Wille wrote:
> I don't find much information about WWAN (UMTS, LTE) data card support in
> NetBSD. Do I have to be careful which one to select?

Try to obtain more information about the card you can get:
- is it exposing a USB device? (my PCI express cards do)
- in turn, is it exposing a serial port?

Reading through some (Linux) forums may help obtaining this information.

If the answer is yes for both questions, then it should work with
pppd(8) as usual. Then you may also find comms/deforaos-phone useful if
you need a GUI.

Otherwise, YMMV. Sometimes it's just a matter of registering a device in
the kernel; or it's a lot more work and a new driver is required.

HTH,
--
khorben