Re: Aw: Re: mount_ext2fs: -o atime: option not supported

On 2/21/2016 4:44 PM, Carsten Kunze wrote:
Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh%nimenees.com@localhost> wrote:
The noatime flag looks like it's handled in the ext2fs kernel code, with
"atime" as the default.  Do you get the same error when you try to pass "-o
noatime" on the command line?  Perhaps the mount_ext2fs program just needs a
slight tweak to handle it.
I have already send a second mail to the topic but my mails arive with hours...days delay.

I've seen that the kernel seems to handle the option.

What I have tested is

# mount -o noatime /dev/sd0e /mnt

Which gives the error for an unsupported option.

Indeed it looks like just a change to mount_ext2fs(8) should fix it.
..and it looks like Christos already made that change. Assuming you're running -current, if you update and rebuild (or at least rebuild .../src/sbin/mount_ext2fs) then you should be good to go.

Eric