How to make /etc/fstab "portable"?

Hi!

This may be a stupid question but: Is there a way to make the entry
for the root filesystem in /etc/fstab just match whatever the kernel
used as the root FS?

I prepared a NetBSD image using Anita. When I transfer it to a
different hypervisor, the root FS is on sd0a, not wd0a, so the boot
stops when trying to run fsck. I would like it to run fsck, just using
whatever FS it is already using.

--Benny.

--
The first essential in chemistry is that you should perform practical
work and conduct experiments, for he who performs not practical work