Re: Boot from raidframe on gpt?

Is it still not possible to boot from raidframe on GPT?

Booting from a GPT partition within a RAID within a GPT is not currently
supported.  The best workaround would be to put your root in a
unpartitioned/disklabel-partitioned raid device.

Hmmm... So I created a standard ffs wedge for the kernel and a rescue copy of the OS, but I can't force root on the raidframe volume. The volume configures automatically, another wedge is seen, but the kernel can't use it as root. Plus, it seem amd64 still can't handle a USB keyboard in single user mode (at least not on any of my hardware).

I suppose I'll just have to remove the wedges in the raidframe volume, then newfs with a manual sector count.

It's hard to imagine that I'm the only person who wants to use a raidframe volume as the root filesystem on a volume larger than 2 TB...

John