Re: RC5 is a patented algorithm; link against libcrypto_rc5

On December 27, 2015 3:28:04 PM CST, Saskia <savijfkia%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>Here my message with a new subject for people who had problems with the
>previous subject...
>
>I'm trying to compile my c program that uses mysql. I have used the
>output
>of "mysql_config --libs" to link with, which results in:
>
>CFLAGS=-I. -O2 -static -L/usr/lib -I/usr/pkg/include/mysql
>-DUSE_OLD_FUNCTIONS -D__STDC_FORMAT_
>MACROS=1 -fPIC -DPIC -I/usr/pkg/include -g -fabi-version=2
>-fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-
>aliasing
>
>LDFLAGS=-lc -L/usr/pkg/lib -lmysqlclient -lpthread -lz -lm -lssl
>-lcrypto
>
>However, I receive the following warning:
>
>rc5_ecb.c:(.text+0x60): warning: RC5 is a patented algorithm; link
>against
>libcrypto_rc5

It's a warning so you can ignore it.  However, based on what I've read you shouldn't normally get that warning unless you're building statically.  E.g. see the XXX comments in bsd.sys.mk:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/share/mk/bsd.sys.mk?rev=1.246&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

Eric