Re: Replace default SSH with pkgsrc version

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:32 AM, itgeek31%googlemail.com@localhost
<itgeek31%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Apologies for what may be a n00b question...
>
> I familiar with using pkgsrc to build the latest and greatest OpenSSH and
> then installing it, but this obviously doesn't overwrite the existing SSH
> package that comes with the build.
>
> How can I remove the default package and instruct the system to use the one
> I've built from pkgsrc?

NetBSD, and the other BSDs (that I'm aware of) don't use a package
manager for the base software. So you aren't removing the base ssh
software (which is openssh), you're just not starting it at boot time.

Build and install openssh if you must. The new startup script will be
/usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/sshd. Copy the existing /etc/rc.d/sshd to
another name, then put in the new one from examples, and restart using
/etc/rc.d/sshd restart.

> I'm using NetBSD/cobalt 5.22.

Doesn't matter, all NetBSD works the same.

Andy