Re: Install CD for NetBSD amd64 7.0 doesn't boot on Dell FX 160

> emilianogavilan%gmail.com@localhost said:
>> The problem is the sis chipset, it doesn't work well (or at all) with netbsd
>> or X11.
>
>> To get netbsd to boot, disable the agp driver. If you run into problems with
>> the siside driver (messages about lost interrupts, or DMA problems), disable
>> it as well.
>
> Thanks.  I'll be happy without graphics.
>
> How do I disable agp?  Can I do it from the Install CD?

Yes. You have to select "drop to boot prompt" and type "boot -c".
When the kernel start booting it will present the userconf prompt.
Type "disable agp" and, if necessary, "disable siside", then "exit".

See boot.conf(5) to avoid having to do these steps on every boot

Regards
Emiliano