Re: nspluginwrapper and libflashsupport updates for adobe-flash-plugin

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 07:57:26PM +0100, Onno van der Linden wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:12:27PM -0600, Roy Bixler wrote:
> > >
> > > Entirely agree. It's scary to do so much for a web browser. Can someone
> > > confirm this hypothesis?
> > >
> > > If true, shouldn't it be a captured as a dependency?
> >
> > I notice that those are dependencies, but only indirectly.  The
> > problem direct dependency is pulseaudio, which has dbus and avahi as
> > its dependencies.  I wonder if it's possible to build a recent Firefox
> > using some other audio backend.  It seems worthwhile, since pulseaudio
> > is a real CPU hog and it might also eliminate the need for dbus/avahi.
>
> Yes, it's possible to use the oss backend of firefox.
> See pkg/50306 (http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=50306)
> for the stuff I've been using. Depending on the firefox version
> you might wanna change/add some of the media.* defaults via
> about:config.

Yes, I rebuilt Firefox 41 using your modifications and it works.  No
more pulseaudio and CPU load is considerably lighter.  Thanks!

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the