Re: NetBSD 7.0 i386 panic during boot

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 01:13:42PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> | > This looks like a NULL pointer dereference. Do you have a backtrace?
> |
> | Unfortunately the keyboard stops working when db prompt appears. So cannot
> | gather complete trace.
>
> Compile a kernel with
> options DDB_ONPANIC 2
> (man 4 options)

Did just that, make depend and make. Copied the kernel to bootable USB and
tried to boot from it. Get the panic error but not stack trace.

Following is the section of debugging options. Do I need to enable
anything else?

# Diagnostic/debugging support options
#options        DIAGNOSTIC      # inexpensive kernel consistency checks
                                # XXX to be commented out on release
                                # branch
#options        DEBUG           # expensive debugging checks/support
#options        LOCKDEBUG       # expensive locking checks/support
#options        KMEMSTATS       # kernel memory statistics (vmstat -m)
options         DDB             # in-kernel debugger
#options        DDB_ONPANIC=1   # see also sysctl(7): `ddb.onpanic'
options         DDB_ONPANIC=2   # see also sysctl(7): `ddb.onpanic'
options         DDB_HISTORY_SIZE=512    # enable history editing in DDB
#options        DDB_VERBOSE_HELP
#options        KGDB            # remote debugger
#options
KGDB_DEVNAME="\"com\"",KGDB_DEVADDR=0x3f8,KGDB_DEVRATE=9600
#makeoptions    DEBUG="-g"      # compile full symbol table
#options        SYSCALL_STATS   # per syscall counts
#options        SYSCALL_TIMES   # per syscall times
#options        SYSCALL_TIMES_HASCOUNTER        # use 'broken' rdtsc
(soekris)

Mayuresh