USB 3 PCI cards for use with NetBSD?

Hi!

I am aware USB 3 is still experimental and barely supported on intel
boards, but I wonder if anyone has investigated support for USB 3 PCI
expansion cards? This would be useful to get USB 3 ports on old
machines that don't have PCI-e.

I have found cards online that use either the FL1000G chip or some
Renesas chip, coupled with a pci-e to pci bridge. I believe both are
supposed to implement xhci. Does anyone know which of these has the
highest chance of working?

Thanks,
-Tobias