Re: NetBSD 7.0_RC1

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 02:27:41PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Jul 2,  5:36pm, 76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost (76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: NetBSD 7.0_RC1
>
> | Yes that true. I have stopped to play with PIE since it does not work currently.
> | But I plan to use this parameter when I will compile again in PIE mode.
> |
> | If I remember well "-mtune=native" is to have instructions well adapted
> | to architecture but still working on other architecture while "-march=native"
> | will force instructions specific to an architecture (and potentially invalid on an other).
> |
> | Anyway, this parameter is independant from PIE and can be used when
> | compiling in PIE mode. It would be then nice if it works.
> |
> | thanks for your help,
>
> Yes, but does it work anywhere else (on other OS's)?

Finally, I have had the time to play with the option "-march=native"
on Linux. I was able to compile the kernel 4.07 with it
and then to use the kernel.

All the process has worked without any problem. On Netbsd the problem
seems to arise when trying to compile an assembler file. Probably
that this option should be ignored in that case.

kind regards,

Alan