Re: vmx performance with 10GbE

On 2015/07/04 4:39, Sad Clouds wrote:
Hello, I was testing NetBSD VM on ESXi with vmware vmxnet3 interface on
10GbE network and noticed a max throughput of around 3Gbps when
measuring with iperf. I did set "10GbaseT mediaopt full-duplex"
manually just to make sure, but didn't notice much improvement.

Linux VMs manage almost 10Gbps, so no issues there.

Anyone knows why NetBSD vmx driver performs so poorly?

Cheers.

 One of the reason is that our network stack isn't multi processsor
capable. Another reason might be that our vmxnet3 has no TSO functon.

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)