Re: NetBSD 7.0_RC1

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 02:34:28PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Jul 1,  6:58pm, 76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost (76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: NetBSD 7.0_RC1
>
> | Effectively fixing the code is a better solution.
> |
> | Unfortunately, I haven't yet the time and knowledge
> | to fix it. I should rely on somebody else to correct the bugs.
> | This is the reason why I have suggested a lazy workaround.
> |
> | I hope to find soon the time to read the code in order
> | to be able to modify it.
>
> Post the errors please. I just built a full amd64 tree with MKPIE
> (and discovered that gdb does not work with PIE binaries :-( in
> the process..)

I tried to tell you about GDB a few weeks ago, maybe I was too cute
about it. :-)

I looked at the problem when I was at Coyote Point.  It didn't look easy
to fix, to me, but I think we have a new GDB in NetBSD since then so
maybe it's easier.

I would like to see every executable that talks on the network, at least,
built PIE.

Thor