Re: wedges, why is dk0 root?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015, Michael van Elst wrote:
bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost (Manuel Bouyer) writes:

NetBSD/Xen doens't have a way to know which device is the root device,
it has to pick one and it eventually gets the wrong one.
You have to pass the root= option (e.g. extra="root=xbd0")

NetBSD/Xen takes the first disk device in DEVITER_F_ROOT_FIRST order.
wk devices are direct children of the root and real devices
are children of some bus and controller nodes, so dk comes first.

The code doesn't yet understand wedge names....

OK, that's fine as long I know it won't affect real hardware when upgrading.

I can confirm that adding root=xbd0 to the OS boot parameters box in XenCenter fixes the problem when booting on XenServer.

--
Stephen