Re: gptmbr.bin vs RAIDframe

    Date:        Tue, 16 Jun 2015 14:14:01 +0100 (BST)
    From:        Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost>

  | The only missing part is trying to make the system directly bootable. I
  | tried "gpt biosboot -i 1 wd0" which didn't give any errors, but equally
  | didn't work.

I had the same problem some time ago when I also first tried that - except
I'd already had it working, so I knew it was possible to make work.

I believe that "gpt biosboot" misses a step somewhere (whether it's the
magic number or the bootable flag, I'm not sure).

What worked for me was to first set up an MBR and convert it to wedges,
rather that starting with wedges on an empty disc (I had first started that
way, just by chance - I was upgrading an older system, then I tried shifting
to boot from new drives that I installed purely using wedges - and that failed
just as you described.)     After I guessed what went wrong, I set up the
new drives with an MBR, bootable, then converted that to wedges.

Not a problem since.

kre