Re: re-transmission: Re: Prepping to install

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 07:34:59AM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> >http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201506160230Z/amd64/binary/kernel/netbsd-INSTALL.gz
>
> What is in here ? I downloaded it, am I supposed to integrate it into my
> install USB key ? If so, how ? Just checking.

With another *BSD box I'd say: mount the usb root and drop the
netbsd-INSTALL.gz there, the stop the boot countdown and use

  boot netbsd-INSTALL.gz

Or if you have a usable netboot environment, boot that kernel via pxe.

If neither is available, it will be ... tricky.

Martin