Re: groff & NetBSD & relevance (was Re: Re: Re: Request to reconsider removal of groff from base system)

On Apr 8, 2015, at 12:47 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> To me, the simplest and most elegant solution would look to be replacing
> groff with heirloom troff as the formatter for what we have that isn't
> mandoc.

Amen to that.

Pulling troff from any UNIX distribution is just digging it a shallow grave, then pissing all over it.  And anyone who can't figure out how to use those obscure troff 'dot commands' is clearly incapable of writing the code he can't document.