Re: SCP file transfer speed

I performed a quick benchmark with netio and it showed up the best
possible speed on TCP.

NETIO - Network Throughput Benchmark, Version 1.26
(C) 1997-2005 Kai Uwe Rommel

TCP connection established.
Packet size  1k bytes:  11506 KByte/s Tx,  11116 KByte/s Rx.
Packet size  2k bytes:  11512 KByte/s Tx,  11469 KByte/s Rx.
Packet size  4k bytes:  11513 KByte/s Tx,  11469 KByte/s Rx.
Packet size  8k bytes:  11513 KByte/s Tx,  11100 KByte/s Rx.
Packet size 16k bytes:  11513 KByte/s Tx,  11469 KByte/s Rx.
Packet size 32k bytes:  11513 KByte/s Tx,  11470 KByte/s Rx.
Done.

UDP, however, does not work out of the box. It continuously displays
these errors:

sendto(): No buffer space available

This might be tweakable through sysctl, but is however irrelevant in
this case. During an (uncompressed) scp copy, CPU usage on the
receiver side is largely below 10 % and disk utilization about 50%
(which makes me wonder because this disk can make about 100MB/s on
sequential write). I can copy to other Linux and Solaris boxes in this
network with about 10 - 11 MB/s from the NetBSD boxes - just receiving
is slow.