Re: NetBSD for the dekstop

n Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 01:29:11PM +0100, Stephan wrote:
> Is there anyone still interested in bringing NetBSD to the desktop?

I use NetBSD on this computer, largely because of a bug in re Ethernet driver that prevents Internet access from this computer.

This bug is shared by FreeBSD, OpenBSD and DragonFlyBSD but not NetBSD or Linux; Haiku R1Alpha4 also was able to connect.

I use NetBSD despite bugs and difficulties getting X to work including the mouse, permissions on /tmp and /var/tmp directories getting messed up, and the preconfigured static device nodes.

Tom