Re: Panic booting NetBSD 7.0 BETA drmkms on amd64

On 01/23 02:34, Jimmy Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to try out NetBSD 7.0 BETA today. I had no trouble
> installing and booting a generic kernel, although I didn't get any
> DRM, but I guess that is to be expected?

Yep.

> After that I compiled a drmkms kernel from sources checked out today and got
> a kernel panic at boot. I have no serial port in the machine, but I wrote
> down what I could. The panic and working generic dmesg.boot follows:
>
> [...]
> drm kern error: r600_cp: Failed to load firmware "radeon/RS780_pfp.bin"

Is your /usr filesystem perhaps separate from /?  If so, try creating
/libdata/firmware/radeon/ and then copy RS780_pfp.bin (from
/usr/libdata/firmware/radeon) there.

Our old drm code didn't need these firmware images until X was started,
which is why they didn't get put in / to begin with.

Soren