Re: nd6_setmtu0: new link MTU on iwn0 (576) is too small for IPv6 which needs 1280

On 3 December 2014 at 20:02, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> Have you run tcpdump to see what's provoking this?

Nothing strange and no mention of mtu in the dump file:

# tcpdump -s1500 -i iwn0 -w /tmp/dump.txt
# tcpdump -r /tmp/dump.txt >>/tmp/dump.readable.txt
# grep -i mtu /tmp/dump.readable.txt
#

> Try ip6mode=none.

/etc/rc: WARNING: invalid $ip6mode value "none"

I have forgotten to mention that I have this other error message:
rtsol: kernel is not configured to accept RAs

I have changed to:
rtsol=YES
rtsold=YES
ip6mode=autohost

in rc.conf and rebooted but no joy.

The only thing that works is to set the mtu to 1500 after running
wpa_gui. It is not a big effort, but yet it is an annoyance.

As I have installed the system from releng, what could my next step
be? Reinstalling again from releng or installing a stable 6.1.5 from
the usual repos?

Alternatively is it imaginable to file a bug report?